Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

carbon fiber a-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyco-Dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyco-Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: carbon fiber a-5
    Posted: 22 August 2013 at 1:55am

family pic; original sl-68 II, pro-lite and my a-5 when i first got it. sl-68 II and pro-lite still rockin' after nearly 20 years!

my a-5 has since undergone some cosmetic mods: i shaved the rear sight and top rail smooth, filled in the name plate and relocated the top bolt.

work in-progress. shaved the grip smooth too.

the upper receiver was then covered with 3m di-noc carbon fiber vinyl in the graphite color. all pics are clickable to full-size:

cqb setup! completely useless lol. stock barrel cut to 4.5", tac-cap, 12-gram c02 drop-out changer with 15-degree asa adapter and a jcs folding stock.

with jcs stock extended.

increased capacity!

all business with my trusty 12" j&j ceramic barrel and was e-grip.

close-up showing the pattern in the vinyl. still pictures don't do it justice.

the "ugly" side.

that's all. stock internals, other than a lightweight hammer, spring kit and jcs rva to help tune it and make it more efficient (fva is full-open). receiver halves are polished inside, lo-pro hopper was lined with shelf foam so it doesn't make noise as i run.
ivanskis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanskis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2013 at 8:42pm
Nice set up.  I like the cbq set up!!
A5 w/flatline barrel - RT
A5 w/Dye barrel & Tactical Shroud
98c w/flatline barrel
Alpha Black
Tippmann TPX
Project Salvo
X7 Phenom
Cronus
WhiterThanChalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiterThanChalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 11:18pm
Where did you get the carbon fibre vinyl and how difficult was it to apply? Looks unreal.
crazykid35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazykid35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2014 at 12:51pm
Cool gun! How do you get a A-5 to shoot accurately. I have one and it is the most un accurate gun.
mmogoogle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmogoogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2014 at 3:47am
cool !!!!!!!!!How do you get a A-5 to shoot accurately.
http://www.shoesmax.co.u**edited**-air-max-90-womens-c-19_20. - nike air max 90 womens</a>

http://www.shoesmax.co.u**edited**-air-max-90-mens-c-19_21. - nike air max 90 mens</a>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic