Topic ClosedHomemade ghillie suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
bmax View Drop Down
1 strike, language violation in sig. 1/3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

[QUOTE=bmax] 

How many large scenarios have you played? What type of experience do you have outside of the realm of paintball? Have you ever been trained in the proper use of one?

This disjointed section has my seal of "crappy grammar". 

Sorry..I had to.  Anyway..I think I'll do just that and argue about paintball snipers.  Thanks for the idea

<Sig deleted due to language violation kthnx >
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 11:06pm
Well, common sense dictates that you knew what the hell I was talking about. I am taking from your response that you have no outside experience to back up your claims, since you ignored my question.

BTW You are not a senior enough member on here to get away with posting something like that...

Go ahead and make a sniper thread, we have the best sniper debate team with the most experience (both paintball and otherwise) on the internet. You WILL lose, we have never lost. Hard facts always win against hopes, dreams and wannabes.
bmax View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by bmax bmax wrote:

[QUOTE=Snake6] [QUOTE=bmax] 

How many large scenarios have you played? What type of experience do you have outside of the realm of paintball? Have you ever been trained in the proper use of one?

Sorry..but I really don't get what you mean.  Proper use of what? "Common sense dictates" that you put sentences in the same paragraph because they have the same topic and thus you can interchange pronouns such as the word "one".  What have I not been trained in the proper use of? You were just talking about scenario paintball events.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 11:19pm
The subject was ghillie suits...

You are correct that I should have spelled it out for you to maintain proper grammar, but I figured that you knew what I meant. I am sorry, let me rephrase.

How many scenario games have you played?
(I am looking for numbers here. The event and size of the event would be nice also, but I wont be upset if you don't post that.)

What type of experience do you have outside the realm of paintball?
(any real world experience that you think would validate any of your opinions)

Have you ever been trained in the proper use of a ghillie suit?
(Again, I am looking for real world experience/training you have received.)
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 11:34pm
Bmax, I can't tell if you're ignorant, stubborn, pathetic, or all 3.  To attempt to critique his "poor grammar" is to attack your own poor comprehension skills. 

Regardless of your sub-Middle School reading abilities, you have yet to make a point, or attempt to establish your thoughts on the subject. All you have done is pretend like you know everything that goes on in the world of paintball(Which, I will add, showed that you have NOT been playing for 4-5 years).

I also notice that you attempted to use the same old BS tactic about saying that a paintball "sniper" is not the same as a real sniper. Guess what, you can't just change definitions to fit a need.  Hiding and shooting from a concealed location? What does everyone else do, run around in the open with yellow body paint all over their naked physiques?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 12:47am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I also notice that you attempted to use the same old BS tactic about saying that a paintball "sniper" is not the same as a real sniper. Guess what, you can't just change definitions to fit a need.

If we could, I'd redefine the term "brain surgeon" and get a much better paying job.

Hiding and shooting from a concealed location? What does everyone else do, run around in the open with yellow body paint all over their naked physiques?

Actually, it's blue paint; in honor of my Scottish heritage.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 7:08am

Sorry..but I really don't get what you mean.  Proper use of what? "Common sense dictates" that you put sentences in the same paragraph because they have the same topic and thus you can interchange pronouns such as the word "one".  What have I not been trained in the proper use of? You were just talking about scenario paintball events.

how hard is it to read that, it's simple, he is asking 3 questions at once, what experence you have with the sport and real life training. for a guy that is smart (or trying to be) you are shure being dumb by not understanding the questions.

Don't even try to argue paintball sniper with me. You will lose everytime.

Yes you will win every time when it comes to this, thats because you  wants to get the facts straight. good job :)

I have played with many people using ghillie suits and never before have I seen or heard of someone cheating by claiming they 'didnt feel the hit'.

ghilis suits are cool but they are kinda cheating when it comes to paintball, 90% of the time the ball wont break.

In my year of paintball (yes i have 1 year of experience to the sport going on 2 years) my first big scenario game, over 600 people, atleast  50 people were kicked off the feild due to them cheating with gulil suites (the paint dident break on them) and they kept playing so they got bannd.

Edited by kurieitaa - 29 January 2008 at 7:09am
Zippo25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 9:42am

I just personally dont see why people get soooooooo angry when the word sniper comes up lol. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying they exist, but its a game ppl. I've been to a game where this one guy ran around in a pink bodysuit on a dare lol, we were all quite amused but didn't rag on him for not being cool or whatever. If u wanna wear ghillie, wear ghillie, just know its pretty impractical.

And i guess thats where my problem with this whole thing is. Saying someone deserves 3rd degree burns cause he was wearing a ghillie? To me thats stupid. If a kid wants to think he's a super sharp shooter... who cares. Its just a game

Edited by Zippo25 - 29 January 2008 at 9:43am
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Zippo25 Zippo25 wrote:

I just personally dont see why people get soooooooo angry when the word sniper comes up lol. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying they exist, but its a game ppl. I've been to a game where this one guy ran around in a pink bodysuit on a dare lol, we were all quite amused but didn't rag on him for not being cool or whatever. If u wanna wear ghillie, wear ghillie, just know its pretty impractical.

And i guess thats where my problem with this whole thing is. Saying someone deserves 3rd degree burns cause he was wearing a ghillie? To me thats stupid. If a kid wants to think he's a super sharp shooter... who cares. Its just a game

Who said that someone wearing a ghillie deserved thrid degree burns?

jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 10:15am

Sorry..but I really don't get what you mean. Proper use of what?

".." is not proper punctuation. You may use a comma or "..." but not "..". Before you correct someone else's grammar, make sure your grammar is correct too.
bmax View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 3:13pm

+1...where'd that come from?

Anyway, if you want to make a simple, light burlap ghillie, here's a few steps to follow that can make a decent looking one if done properly.  From what I've heard it makes an okay one.  http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=627734  never tried it though, so don't hold me to it. 

And the balls not breaking issue is probably related to the type of ghillie suit worn.  Obviously heavier ghillie suits will absorb the hit of a ball and cause it not to break, but a simple burlap ghillie shouldn't stop balls.  I tested out someone's home-made ghillie at our local field and..well..you could definately feel them.  I was just wearing a t-shirt on under neath.  The impact felt like I was wearing a heavier sweater. 

Just my thoughts anyway.

PS: That picture was meant as a joke and nothing more.  I'm obviously not going to try and attack his grammerz or spelling as:

1) That's dumb because he probably doesn't care

2) Mine is equally bad

So put then guns away fella's

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 3:49pm

And this forum sure has something against the aspect of paintball 'snipers'.  Obviously the range and ballistics advantage does not exist, but similar aspects of sniping can be adopted (if done properly) to give one an advantage on the paintball field. 

Like?

And the balls not breaking issue is probably related to the type of ghillie suit worn.  Obviously heavier ghillie suits will absorb the hit of a ball and cause it not to break, but a simple burlap ghillie shouldn't stop balls.  I tested out someone's home-made ghillie at our local field and..well..you could definately feel them.  I was just wearing a t-shirt on under neath.  The impact felt like I was wearing a heavier sweater. ]

A simple burlap suit will certainly stop balls from breaking.

Ever shot into a bale of hay? 9 times out of 10, it will go right in and won't break.

The problem at hand is not if you feel them but if they will break.

I'm obviously not going to try and attack his grammerz or spelling as:

1) That's dumb because he probably doesn't care

2) Mine is equally bad

... But... you... allready did...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 10:10pm

And this forum sure has something against the aspect of paintball 'snipers'.  Obviously the range and ballistics advantage does not exist, but similar aspects of sniping can be adopted (if done properly) to give one an advantage on the paintball field. 

False. Any aspect of 'sniping' that one would care to apply to the game of paintball is a characteristic that any skilled player would attempt to use. If you were to try to use the military metaphor, just because a sniper uses camouflage and concealment and ambush tactics does not mean that a normal rifleman will not use either of those. Come to think of it, I used both on my basic infantry course. I'm no sniper though.

Yes, those skills can confer an advantage on the paintball field, but they by no means lend any credence to the concept of a paintball 'sniper'. Rather, anyone who does NOT use these skills is simply a little bit dumb in comparison to the remainder of the recball  or milsim community. There's nothing at all special about using concealment and tactics. That's just smart play.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
bmax View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

False.

Yes, those skills can confer an advantage on the paintball field, but they by no means lend any credence to the concept of a paintball 'sniper'.

That's my point exactly... you can use [some] real world sniper tactics on the paintball field to give you an advantage..would you care to relate what is false about that statement? I agree there's no such thing as a sniper, but there's such a thing as utilizing and adopting appropriate sniper tactics for the paintball field and that's all I was trying to say. 

People around here jump at any chance they get to shoot down the aspect of paintball 'sniping'. Even if you say "here's a pic of my sniper" the thread is instantly turned into a spam-fest of why it doesn't exist.  I say leave it alone.  By all means address the issue in moderation if the tactic or position is deliberatly addressed/questioned, but don't spam the fact that it doesn't exist in threads like this or pictures of markers that look like snipers.  If someone want's to say 'I play sniper in paintball' let them.  It doesn't hurt you, leave it alone...

Edited by bmax - 29 January 2008 at 10:43pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 10:51pm
You have no idea. In all my time one this forum you know how many times these "sniper" threads came up? Thousands. Do a search through older threads on this forum, and you will understand the reason behind our attitude. Once you get some time on here you will understand.
bmax View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 10:56pm

You have no idea. In all my time one this forum you know how many times these "sniper" threads came up? Thousands. Do a search through older threads on this forum, and you will understand the reason behind our attitude. Once you get some time on here you will understand.

Haha, Snake, I know exactly what you mean.  I'll sign off from one forum and go to another and it's like the exact same person has made another thread asking or debating about snipers.  By all means engage in these threads and voice your opinions.  I know I do it because I agree with the stance.  I'm just saying keep it out of threads not related to the role of a paintball sniper.  My $.02 anyway.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 11:18pm

That's my point exactly... you can use [some] real world sniper tactics on the paintball field to give you an advantage..would you care to relate what is false about that statement?

So what is the point?

Your statement proved effectively nothing.

Zippo25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:07am

On the first page, a link was posted about a guys ghillie going up in flame. You replied by saying he deserved it.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:24am

On the first page, a link was posted about a guys ghillie going up in flame. You replied by saying he deserved it.

I can't believe you actually took that seriously.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 8:45am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

I can't believe you actually took that seriously.

Someone needs a new one of these.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic